New techniques in medicine enable you to get rid of the affected vessels lower limbs and virtually painless with small injuries. Surgery on varicose veins with laser is a perfect alternative to surgical treatment. In any cases assigned to endovenous coagulation? The reasons for the operation are not so little, and they are not amenable to local or preformed treatment:
- varicose, which was struck by large and important for the life of vessels;
- heaviness and swelling in the lower extremities, which are not amenable to another treatment;
- the skin discovered trophic changes;
- lower limbs covered with sores, which are not affected by the medication with local effects.
How is the operation? Surgeon opposite of the affected vessel makes an incision and inserts a special probe with a laser tip. Lazer glues the affected areas of the vessel, then is cut and the continuing recovery of the veins. The disease is characterized by lesions of the vessels of the lower extremities, in which occurs acute disorder of the bloodstream. Varicose veins dangerous in that it creates conditions for development of thrombophlebitis in the Vena cava inferior system. This kind of complications usually lead to nonhealing venous ulcers. No less serious danger to the health of the patient is detached from the vessel wall thrombus, which is often the main cause of heart attack, stroke, thromboembolic syndrome. Mostly this fact leads patients to think that they need an operation to remove varicose veins on the legs.
But some patients ignore such serious consequences and prefer to ignore the symptoms. Varicose veins of the lower extremities is a complex and lengthy for the pathology, leading to the appearance of heaviness and pain in the limbs. Not always drug treatments bring the expected result, so you have to resort to surgery. A particularly important radical measures in the presence of trophic ulcers, which can cause extremely serious consequences, including the accession of infection. Removing varicose veins on the legs is only possible in the presence of advanced forms of the disease. Indications:
- the extension of the lumen of the vessels is higher than normal;
- the formation of blood clots;
- ineffective treatment of disease with medicines and folk remedies;
- the blood circulation;
- leg pain and constant feeling of fatigue.
The operation is normally performed and for aesthetic reasons when a woman doesn't like the look of her legs. Surgical treatment in the extension of the lumen of the vessels is performed in different ways. The choice of method depends on the condition of the body, stage of disease and other related diseases that may be contraindications. For example, a wrong treatment can provoke dangerous complications of diabetes, acute infections and immunodeficiency.
Sclerotherapy is an introduction to the vessel lumen needle, through which is fed a drug that can glue the venous wall. This manipulation is performed using local anesthesia. After the procedure, the vessels sklerosiruta, and the flow of blood through them is stopped. Right after surgery is shown wearing compression bandages, which help keep the result. Phlebectomy is a surgery aimed at removal of pathologically changed vessels. For this purpose, use several ways:
- Pulling through a small incision using a hook.
- Erase the affected area using tiny incisions.
- A combined method. Involves a combination of these methods and laser.
Phlebectomy is a surgery aimed at removal of pathologically changed vessels. Before the intervention, the doctor performs an ultrasound of the veins. Ultrasound helps to differentiate the affected area and the healthy areas. Laser photocoagulation (treatment of varicose veins by laser) is the most effective method. The procedure is safe and minimally invasive. Through a small puncture in the patient's vessel is injected with a fine transaction, which emits a laser wave of the required frequency. When this occurs, the heat in the affected area. In the result the walls of the veins are what permanently fixes the problem. The application of laser techniques gives the smallest number of recurrences. The operation is carried out even in severe cases, and surgical removal is ahead in the quality and quantity of favorable outcomes.
Sclerotherapy allows you to fill the vessel a therapeutic substance that prevents the blood and allows to reduce the diameter of the pathological region. In this case, use 2 drug — sclerosant and the foam. The first medicinal substance glues the walls of the veins, and the second just fills the extended area, leading to its blockage. Both drugs are administered through a small puncture. The exact location of problem areas can be detected using duplex scanning. Sclerotherapy allows you to fill the vessel a therapeutic substance that prevents the blood and allows to reduce the diameter of the pathological region.
The Stripping is carried out using a miniature probe that is inserted through a small incision and glue the pathological portion of the vessel, then extruded to the surface and is removed. Another type of operations — cryotrapping. During the intervention into a vein is introduced into the liquid nitrogen, which causes the affected area to destruction and makes it nonfunctional. The process takes from 40 minutes. It is conducted under General anesthesia and using local anesthesia.
Preparation for surgery includes compliance with mandatory rules, which include:
- A blood test to determine the General condition of the body. The procedure is performed on an empty stomach a few days before the intervention.
- X-ray examination of the chest. It is necessary to exclude tuberculosis.
- The blood test for the presence of HIV infection, which can lead to irreversible complications after manipulation.
- The rejection of eating 6 hours before surgery. This rule should be observed only if the operation will be carried out under General anesthesia.
- A cleansing enema. It is also used for the inability to remove the vein using local anesthesia.
Necessary before surgery to tell the doctor about the allergic reaction to any drug substance.
How do surgery
Depending on the nature of the interventions used its own equipment operation. In sclerotherapy includes the following steps:
- The patient takes the required position depending on the localization of the affected vessel.
- The doctor performs local anesthesia with the help of injections of Novocaine.
- Using a long needle made puncture. The syringe is introduced at the desired depth. Then comes the injection of the drug. Immediately after that, the venous wall will stick to each other. And only in the place where the pathological area.
- Specialist puts pressure dressing and sends the patient home.
In sclerotherapy using a long needle made puncture and injected the drug, bonding the walls of blood vessels. Phlebectomy involves a more invasive surgery. If the volume of the diseased tissue is large, use a technique that involves 2-3 incisions. In the presence of a small fragment use a small hook. Surgery can be performed under General and local anesthesia. Primarily carried out antiseptic treatment of the limb. After that the affected area of the vein is extracted and removed, if necessary using stitches. Laser coagulation is carried out under General or local anesthesia. After anesthesia, the limb is treated with antiseptic (Chlorhexidine often is) and using a miniature thin puncture slowly advance transactions, which delivers the laser. Problem reaching focus, the optical fiber melts the wall of the vessel under the action of heat. As a result, the vessel was sealed and reduced in diameter. Sclerotherapy is similar to the procedure of sclerotherapy. But in the first case use different substances depending on the nature of the problem. Bridging veins medicine is injected with a needle using local anesthesia. Control over the doctor performs manipulation while observing on the monitor screen. The operation takes no more than 30-40 minutes.
Stripping involves a small incision or puncture. It all depends on the scale of the defeat. Stripping involves a small incision or puncture. It all depends on the scale of the defeat. The probe moves to the pathological area, solder it, and then the doctor pulls the tool and pulls the affected area of the vessel to the surface of the skin. Modified part is removed. If necessary, sutured. Removal of varicose veins is carried out only by an experienced surgeon under the control of the process on the ultrasound unit. Rehabilitation lasts 6 months. At this time it is forbidden to lift things that weigh more than 8 kg In the first month you must wear compression stockings for the regulation of the venous system and to prevent complications. As recovery are shown physiotherapy, swimming, active walking etc. is Necessary to monitor the body weight. Possible postoperative complications: recurrence, hematoma, thrombosis, scarring of the skin with small nodes. The most common consequence is considered pain that may be present for 1-2 months.
Indications for vein removal
Surgical intervention with varicose veins can be carried out only if there are indications for removal of vessels:
- varicose changes have affected a large part of Vienna;
- severe pain and swelling of the legs during exercise, which prevent to lead a normal lifestyle;
- the formation of open wounds and ulcers on the background of the development of the disease. Dangerous accession of a secondary infection;
- violation of patency of blood vessels, often accompanied by convulsions;
- the pronounced development of necrosis of blood vessels;
- pathological changes in veins, accompanied by their enlargement and protrusion. Change dangerous injuries to vessels, as well as gives aesthetic discomfort;
- the formation of blood clots in veins.
When carrying a child also may be a violation of a condition of veins in the legs. Often the pathology is eliminated independently after delivery. In the presence of contraindications surgery dangerous deterioration of the patient and even fatal. After removal of the veins a surgical or laser method has a risk of complications. Negative reactions can occur because of the low qualifications of the specialist or due to rule violations during the period of rehabilitation. Possible complications of phlebectomy and endovenous coagulation. Surgery to remove veins on the legs with varicose veins can cause some consequences. Sometimes it manifests itself in the form of hematomas. When performing both operations may develop allergic reactions to anesthetics. Surgery to remove veins on the legs with varicose veins is sometimes accompanied by development of complications to prevent their occurrence require:
- tests for allergic reaction on medications;
- exception of infectious diseases and inflammatory processes in the body prior to the surgery;
- a selection of tried and tested clinics with highly qualified specialists and modern equipment;
- compliance with the rules in the recovery period. Especially wearing compression underwear;
- to comply with the diet in the recovery period (need to be discussed with the specialist after the procedure). In the diet increases the amount of clean water, food intake is small portions, the diet enriched with vitamins and minerals;
- give rest to your legs during the working time;
- to pass the examination after the operation to monitor progress in recovery of the limb;
- pursue to visit physiotherapy for quick recovery of blood flow.
If it can be detected is invalid when this operation is required to immediately contact the clinic. Removing varicose veins on the legs can be conduct surgery free of charge in public institutions. But these transactions are not in every city, and to wait in long queues in a few months. The choice of passing the transaction fee in private clinics the price range depends on the chosen method, the expert's qualifications and allowances in the medical facility. With advanced forms vessels removal is done by surgical intervention. The treatment is determined not only by the desire of the patient, but the presence of indications and contraindications to the procedure. The effectiveness of therapy depends on the skill of the doctor and the implementation of the rules of foot care after surgery.The cost is added the price for expert advice and service ultrasound control. Varicose veins amenable to conservative therapy only at the initial stage of pathology development.
This disease is much younger nowadays. This is due to a sedentary lifestyle (although a constant work on the legs can trigger an outbreak), movement only in the transport excess weight of the environmental situation in the world, a generic predisposition to blood diseases, etc. the Early stage of varicose veins lends itself well to conservative methods of treatment. But if the disease has gone far and continues to progress, we should think about the operational solution to the health problems your ,or someone close. True a skilled surgeon the operation to remove the veins – a guarantee of full recovery from debilitating and exhausting diseases. Today, such operations are conducted by highly qualified specialists in medical centers equipped with the most modern equipment, and do not represent any danger for life and health of the patient.