Varicose veins in the lower extremities are a fairly common disease that develops under intense physical work, congenital vascular pathology, arterial hypertension, and increased blood viscosity. Women suffer from this disease three times more often than men, and the pathology can appear at any age. Treatment of varicose veins at home with folk remedies helps to increase the effect of the drugs taken and to improve the condition of the damaged blood vessels.
How to get rid of varicose veins at home, what compresses will help cure the disease?
With the help of cabbage
Applying fresh cabbage leaves to the affected area improves well-being and relieves the symptoms of the disease. White cabbage is rich in vitamin C, which helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, prevents the fragility of capillaries, the appearance of vascular network, relieves inflammation of shallow veins. In addition, this product contains large amounts of essential vitamins and minerals and has an analgesic effect.
Treatment of varicose veins with cabbage is performed daily at bedtime. The fresh leaf is lightly kneaded with a rolling pin and applied to the problem area, not tightly bonded, and left overnight. To enhance the anti-inflammatory effect, the inner surface of the leaf is smeared with natural honey.
Use of apple cider vinegar
In case of varicose veins, it is useful to use apple cider vinegar for applications in the affected area. This product tones and strengthens the walls of blood vessels, reduces swelling and stimulates lymphatic drainage. For treatment, use 6% natural apple cider vinegar or cook it yourself.
Compression of varicose veins is performed from a gauze dressing impregnated with undiluted vinegar (if a burning sensation occurs, the product may be diluted 1: 1). The tissue is applied to the affected veins, wrapped on top with foil, a warm towel or woolen cloth. The application should be kept for 40 minutes, in which case it is recommended to lie down and put a pillow under the limb. There is no need to wash the skin after removing the bandage. The procedure is repeated daily for 1-2 months.
From green tomatoes
At home, varicose veins on the legs can be treated with green tomatoes. They include:
- Vitamin C;
- a nicotinic acid.
The active ingredients have venotonic properties, dilute the blood, fight venous congestion, prevent blood clots, and reduce inflammation and pain.
The tomatoes are cut into rings and applied to the swollen blood vessels, fixed with gauze on top. Hold the compress for 10-15 minutes, then wash your feet. The procedure is repeated daily for 3 weeks.
Treatment with alcoholic tinctures
How to treat varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies? Most ointments used to treat varicose veins contain horse chestnut extract. These fruits are also used to make homemade alcoholic tinctures. Chestnuts have an antithrombotic effect, increasing the production of antithrombin. It reduces viscosity, normalizes blood circulation, relieves pain.
- You will need 300 g of crushed fruit and 0. 5 liters of vodka to make an anti-varicose medicine.
- The ingredients are placed in a glass jar and infused for 10 days in a dark, cool place.
- The product should be mixed from time to time to prevent the formation of mold on the surface.
- Alcohol tincture is used to rub, compress and swallow the lower extremities.
- The medicine should be taken every morning, diluted with 20 drops of water.
Contraindications to oral administration are chronic constipation, high acid gastritis, menstrual disorders, pregnancy, and lactation.
How to cure varicose veins, relieve the symptoms of the disease, get rid of leg heaviness? Rubbing with nutmeg tincture is useful for people with VRV. This product has a tonic and strengthening effect on the cardiovascular system, has an anti-inflammatory and wound healing effect. The infusion is made from 200 g of nuts and 250 ml of 40% vodka and adhered to it for at least 7 days. The anti-varicose medicine should be taken in ½ teaspoons, the dose cannot be increased as nuts have toxic properties.
Muscat can be powdered, mixed with natural honey, and used to make compresses. The duration of treatment is at least 1 month.
Ointments made according to folk recipes help to heal varicose veins at home, relieve swelling and inflammation of the veins:
- Peel 20 chestnuts from the hard shell, pass the pulp through a mincer, add a tablespoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of honey. The preparation is kept on a steam bath for 20 minutes, then it is squeezed out and placed in a refrigerator to solidify. The remaining cake can be used for compresses. The ointment is treated 2-3 times a day with the affected veins in the legs.
- How to treat early-stage varicose veins? Pour into a pan 1 tablespoon of flowers, calendula, golden mustache and St. John's wort, pour 0, 5 liters of boiling water and let stand for 2 hours. Then filter and cool. Mix two tablespoons of the prepared broth with 250 g of soft lard or lanolin, add ½ head of garlic juice and place in the refrigerator.
- How to treat varicose veins in the legs and feet? Grind the nutmeg into a powder and mix with butter, store this ointment in the refrigerator. The feet are rubbed twice a day, before getting out of bed in the morning and before going to bed in the evening.
Is it possible to cure varicose veins forever, how effective are folk remedies? VRV is a progressive disease that cannot be completely cured. But timely therapy helps to slow down the damage to the veins, increase their tone and prevent the formation of blood clots.
Treatment with folk remedies should be performed in consultation with a phlebologist and combined with traditional methods of treating varicose veins. These include taking angioprotectors, venotonics, wearing compression underwear, doing physiotherapy exercises, eating a balanced diet, and following a healthy lifestyle.
Contrast baths can help you fight the varicose veins in your legs and blood vessels. The limbs are alternately immersed in cold and warm water and finished with cold. The procedure helps to eliminate edema, relieves leg heaviness, cramps, tones dilated veins.
- Recipe No. 1: It is useful to make baths with the addition of baking soda (100 g) and burnt alum (35 g), keeping the limbs in warm solution for 10-15 minutes. Varicose veins are treated twice a week.
- Recipe # 2: If the blood vessels dilate greatly, lumps appear, and the legs swell and ache, it is recommended to take baths from the bark of oak, willow, and pine buds. Take the ingredients in equal proportions, pour in boiling water and stick for 2 hours, wrapping the pan in a towel. The feet should be kept in the broth for 20 minutes, the liquid should be at room temperature, it should not heat up, this will increase the inflammatory process, the symptoms of varicose veins.
- Recipe # 3: Pour 1 tablespoon chamomile flowers, horse chestnut bark, nettle into enameled pots, pour 1 liter of boiling water and let cook for 1 hour. The composition is then filtered and added to the bath. Such treatment of varicose veins is performed once a day before bedtime. Toning ointments or compresses are then applied.
- Recipe No. 4: The fight against winding veins, trophic ulcers and phlebitis is done with a decoction of chamomile and string. The herbs are poured over boiling water, kept in a steam bath for 15 minutes, cooled and filtered. Pour into a basin, increase the volume of the liquid to 3 liters. The limbs should be kept for 20 minutes. Regular procedures accelerate wound healing, relieve inflammation and swelling, and normalize blood circulation.
Folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs should be used in conjunction with medication. This enhances the therapeutic effect and helps to get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of the disease.
One cause of varicose veins is increased blood viscosity. The pathology leads to the formation of blood clots and blockage of the blood vessels. Used to dilute blood:
- tomatoes and lemons.
How to treat varicose veins in the legs at home? Blueberries are used fresh, dried or frozen. You can make fruit drinks from them, you can cook mascara juice. The use of blueberries is contraindicated in peptic ulcer with high acid gastritis.
Lemon rich in vitamin C strengthens blood vessels, clears cholesterol deposits and thins the blood. The citrus fruits are cut into slices, placed in a jar and poured with natural honey. The medicine is stored in a refrigerator and should be taken 1 tablespoon 3 times a day.
How to remove varicose veins on the legs, get rid of painful lumps and vascular network? Garlic improves the rheological properties of the blood, it is enough to consume a few cloves a day, to add the product to various culinary dishes and fresh salads. Garlic should not be eaten by patients with gastrointestinal disorders, hemorrhoids, pregnant or lactating women.
How to cure varicose veins and prevent blood clots in the veins? At home, they make medicine from ginger root. This plant contains ascorbine, nicotinic acid, vitamin A, essential trace elements, unsaturated fatty acids. The peeled rhizome is added to the tea and soaked in honey. Dried to a powder, it can be added to various foods as a spice.
Consult your doctor before treating varicose veins with ginger. Drink herbal teas carefully when using blood thinners. It is contraindicated in the use of folk remedies for rising body temperature, chronic diseases of the kidneys and liver.
How to get rid of varicose veins on the legs, what herbs dilute the blood? The medicinal properties are as follows:
- sweet clover;
- white willow bark;
- hawthorn fruits;
- hop cones;
Healing plants can be cooked or collected separately. To prepare the decoction, pour 2 tablespoons of dry grass in 0. 5 liters of boiling water and let stand for 2 hours. The strained medicine should be taken three times a day with 1/3 cup 30 minutes before a meal.
Folk remedies for leg varicose veins should be treated only after examination, diagnosis and consultation by a phlebologist, in combination with the main therapy. Self-dosage of herbs or the use of compresses can lead to serious complications.