Diseases of the lower extremities and veins have been known to mankind from the beginning. Treatment of varicose veins is appropriate for both women and men. The disease is an enlargement of the superficial veins of the lower extremities. This is accompanied by a disturbance in blood flow and a failure of the valves.
There are 4 forms of varicose veins. According to the clinical classification, trouble does not always bother people. In the initial stage, the symptoms are not noticeable or the signs are extremely insignificant. Some of the patients make a sufficient annual visit to the sanatorium and the second has to be treated in a special medical center.
Varicose veins are treated under the supervision of a doctor in a specialized center. In selected difficult cases, surgery cannot be avoided, but conservative methods are used in addition to surgery. Only the surgeon can get rid of the advanced stage, but slowing down vascular diseases and improving well-being is possible with conservative methods.
Here are some examples of treating varicose veins. There are two conservative methods:
Previously, the lower limbs had to be bandaged with special bandages made of dog hair. Simple options have now been created:
- Compression jersey;
- Elastic bandages;
- Flexible knitting.
Medical centers often use jersey, which can be replaced with bandages - they are cheaper, sometimes better suited for special treatment of varicose veins in the lower extremities. These items are obtained by the patient on their own for treatment and then used at home for preventive purposes or as recommended by the physician. Positive consequences:
- Reduction of venous diameter, reflux, ballast blood volume, capillary filtration;
- Increasing blood flow rate, venous pump efficiency, resorption, lymphatic drainage;
- In some cases, elimination of reflux.
There are many details to consider when selecting compression products. When it comes to bandages, medium and short stretch bandages are used for lower limb diseases. Use of a mixture of allowed bonds, creation of a flexible bond. If we are already at the knitwear (stockings, knee pants, stockings), it is worth buying underwear based on personal parameters.
There are many medications for the effective treatment of varicose veins. It is not recommended to select medications on your own. It is better to follow your doctor's recommendations so as not to worsen your lower extremities.
The treatment of varicose vein ASD is of great interest in treatment. It is sold in two forms:
- Fraction 2 - for external and internal use. The liquid ranges in color from yellowish to dark red and has a characteristic pungent odor.
- Fraction 3 - for external use. The liquid has an oily structure and varies in color from dark brown to black.
The fractions differ in the dissolution method. ASD 2 is soluble in water, ASD 3 is only assimilated in oils and alcohols. The second fraction is added to water, mixed and taken orally according to the instructions (15 drops in 100 ml of water / tea twice a day before meals). The use affects the strengthening of the immunity of the vessel walls.
A well-known cure is troxerutin-based ointment for the treatment of varicose veins. The application is intuitive, sometimes a combination of a gel and capsules of the same name is required. If there is no improvement, you may want to contact your nearest clinic or specialist center. The ointment is easy to apply:
- Wash the lower limbs thoroughly with soap. A few drops of iodine or hydrogen peroxide can be added to the water.
- After washing, dry your feet with a towel.
- The gel is squeezed from the tube to the palm, transferred to the surface of problem areas of varicose veins, diseased blood vessels.
- Rub the ointment gently until it is completely absorbed into the skin.
- From the top it is possible to wear the legs with elastic bandage or compression products.
Ointments make it impossible to cure varicose veins. But when using the tools, it should be noted:
- competent treatment of varicose veins;
- elimination of signs of venous insufficiency;
- improving the quality of life;
- maintaining working capacity;
- relapse prevention.
Varicose veins in the lower extremities cannot be treated with medication, do not rely solely on medication. However, the use of funds is important to prevent weak veins in the veins in order to speed up the healing process. Medications have the ability to increase tone, microcirculation and suppress inflammation. Your doctor will prescribe medications that are well tolerated by the vast majority of patients.
It is important that patients know how to get rid of varicose veins in the lower extremities one hundred percent. Only surgery can help with this. The doctor will always find out in advance the specific reasons for the patient's relapse. The doctor will try to stop the process, slow it down, prevent it from getting worse. Sometimes the causes are hereditary, the genetic side of weak blood vessels is obvious.
Referring to a clinic is not always a panacea. In the future, we must strive to avoid setbacks, to start a healthy lifestyle that everyone can do. If there are good reasons to have surgery at the medical center, the patient will have one of the possible procedures:
- Phlebectomy. It lasts for 1. 5 hours. This consists of removing the veins from the patient. You may need to stay in a sanatorium during the recovery period. There may be a risk of minor scarring, although the surgery is atraumatic.
- Sclerotherapy. It is important to walk for an hour after surgery. The method is to insert a vein to deliver an "adhesive" drug. Ultrasonic machine control is required. The method used in specialized centers is very well known in the treatment of blood vessels.
- Laser coagulation. This is the latest method to eliminate varicose veins in the legs. After puncture, special anesthesia and endovascular obliteration are performed. A number of requirements are prescribed in the postoperative period. Immediately after the blood clots, the doctor puts on a compression bandage and wears it continuously for 5 days.
- Radio frequency coagulation. The method is similar to the previous one. They perform local anesthesia, do not require hospitalization at the clinic, and do not perform incisions. The doctor will act under the supervision of an ultrasound examination.
We recommend that you obey the surgeon. Proper postoperative behavior allows for faster rehabilitation, here conservative healing of the veins in the lower extremities is required.
Traditional medicine and gym therapy
Many patients are looking for ways to treat varicose veins outside of health centers and surgeons, fearing scars and paychecks. Often with a similar diagnosis, many procedures are contraindicated: from the Charcot shower to the massage. Patients are looking for alternative therapies to overcome varicose veins.
Treatment of varicose veins with soda is common in folk medicine. The following procedures must be performed with the substance:
- spas. It will cost 7 tablespoons in a 200 liter bath. l. soda, or in a 5-liter bucket or pool - 200 g of soda with 60 g of alum (buy at the pharmacy). Duration - 15-20 minutes.
- drinking solutions. Add 1 teaspoon to a glass of hot water. soda, mix thoroughly and drink. Drink with 2 glasses a day in two approaches - morning and evening.
- compresses. Famous and simple - with cabbage. A cabbage leaf is foamed with washing soap, soda is applied to the feet, and the top of the cabbage and soap is covered with soda. The compress is fixed with a bandage and lasts overnight. You can use a compress with white bread soaked in apple cider vinegar. Sprinkle the soaked crumbs with baking soda, apply to the feet, fix with a bandage and leave overnight.
The soap deserves a lot of attention. Due to its composition, it is better to use a household. The soap should be grated on a fine-grained file. Soap powdered dry powder is easy to soak, use and store. Can be used for foot health:
- Lotions from tincture for aspirin (10 tab. ) And washing soap with vodka (200-250 ml). The mixture is pre-infused for 48-50 hours.
- Ointment made from laundry soap (150 g), spruce resin (100 g), olive oil (150 g), beeswax (50 g) and propolis (50 g). The ingredients were heated in a water bath, the resulting mixture was cooled and stored in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Foam with washing soap. Soap the sore legs, sprinkle with salt, cover with cabbage.
They talk about the benefits of iodine network. Easy to apply:
- The legs are rubbed with vinegar;
- apple cider vinegar is used;
- Using iodine and a cotton swab, draw perpendicular mesh / strips in place of the varicose nodes;
- Take a 5% iodine solution;
- Draw stripes every 1 cm, touching the vertical and horizontal lines.
It is better to draw a net with iodine before going to bed. By morning, the sample is already absorbed into the skin. Perform a test first to make sure there is no allergic reaction. Iodine should be applied with a stick to a healthy area of skin. An hour later, the inspection site is inspected if there is no redness or scratching desire, the iodine is washed away, and a net is placed on the problem area.
Be careful when it comes to hydrogen peroxide. Treatment is prescribed by a doctor only. Your doctor will help you calculate the doses correctly and use the indicated options to improve varicose veins:
- Within. The first day of treatment - three times a day, a few hours after a meal. Hydrogen peroxide (1 drop) and boiled water (3 tablespoons) are mixed. On the second day, 2 drops of hydrogen peroxide are used and then increased by 1 drop (10 drops) when day 10 of treatment is reached. There is a 72-hour break. Reception continues: peroxide should be taken for 2 days, 10 drops each, with a break of 3 days, a treatment of 2 days, and then a break of 3 days again.
- Intravenously. Buy a hydrogen solution at the pharmacy, dilute to 0, 15%. Your doctor will inject no more than a quarter of a liter of solution at a time.
Patients know first-hand the healing power of aloe. The centenary grows on the windowsills of most people, located in the corridors of hospitals and sanatoriums, in villages and big cities. It must be prepared for the use of aloe juice.
- Use the oldest aloe leaves. It is desirable that at least 3 years. It’s easy to choose - the lower leaves will be old, which means they’ll be valuable.
- It is important to boil and dry the cut leaves with boiling water.
- After drying, the aloe is placed in the refrigerator and infused for one week.
- After a cold infusion, grind the product as finely as possible in a blender or knife.
- Using gauze, filter out the aloe juice and use it in the recipe.
There is a well-known recipe with a mummy. To 100 g of aloe (juice obtained by said method) take 5 g of mummy. The ingredients are mixed thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is obtained. The resulting mixture was applied to varicose veins. The most important thing is not to use the method if the disease gets worse. In the fall and spring, after application, it is better to leave the aloe vera medicine overnight or all day, first wearing compression underwear or elastic bandage. After wrapping, the feet should be lubricated with vegetable oil (St. John's wort).
Modern treatment methods mean relaxing in the sanatorium. It is better to choose a sanatorium that focuses on the healing of blood vessels.