The onset of varicose veins is not always preventable, but regular implementation of preventive measures can significantly reduce the risk of their occurrence.
Traditional medicine is used for this purpose because, unlike chemicals, they do not have a negative effect on the body. But there are some contraindications, so you should see a doctor first.
The importance of preventing varicose veins
Vascular diseases lead to the appearance of a venous pattern on the legs, which makes a person feel uncomfortable in society. This feature of pathology is of great concern to the female half of the population because they want their legs to be perfect. Reddened skin, swelling, and swollen veins do not look aesthetically pleasing. However, the girl will not feel attractive and will be irritable.
But moral discomfort is just a small problem with varicose veins. As the course of the disease worsens, the person experiences severe pain, difficulty, and cramps in the legs that do not allow them to move normally. A person loses his independence because he needs constant help from his loved ones.
To avoid the appearance of such problems, doctors recommend that men and women follow the rules for preventing varicose veins. They help reduce the risk of developing pathology in vulnerable people.
But prevention is also important for patients who have already been diagnosed with varicose veins. Folk remedies used during the treatment period increase its effectiveness and prevent the appearance of dangerous complications:
- deep vein thrombosis;
- trophic ulcer;
Varicose veins in the lower extremities can spread to the pelvic organs. In this case, men may develop varicocele, which will be the cause of infertility.
In women, complications of vascular pathology may adversely affect the course of pregnancy. In severe cases, doctors even advise you to stop.
The importance of prevention lies in the prevention of mental and physical discomfort and the development of complications leading to death.
Recipes based on herbs are easy to make on their own, so such prevention is done at home, at any time. First, you should consult a therapist and perform an allergy test to identify your individual intolerance to the folk remedy of your choice.
For oral administration
The following tinctures and decoctions are recommended to strengthen the walls of the blood vessels and improve blood circulation:
- horse chestnut. 100 g of flowers are poured into 1 liter of alcohol. The device should be kept in a dark, cool place for 2 weeks, shaking occasionally. Add 1 tktinctures to a glass of clear water and 3 r before meals. daily;
- nettle. The broth is prepared by making 2 tsp. crushed leaves in 250 ml of boiling water. Drink in 1 tablespoon. l. 2 p. daily for 2 weeks;
- rue. Pour 50 g of dry plant with 250 ml of alcohol and stick for 14 days. The product obtained is filtered through a cheese cloth and consumed on an empty stomach in 15 drops, diluted in a glass of water;
- ground nutmeg (1 teaspoon) with boiling water (250 ml) and consumed as tea by adding 1 teaspoon. honey 1 hour before meals;
- 1 tablespoon. l. pour the chopped leaves and crust of hazelnuts with 250 ml of boiling water. Use the cure 3 r. 150 ml daily for 3 months.
Raw buckwheat also has strengthening properties. Crush into a powder and 1 tablespoon daily on an empty stomach. l. the resulting cereals are washed with water.
If you use products containing nutmeg, beware of its toxicity. The daily dose should not exceed 1 teaspoon.
You can increase the elasticity and firmness of your blood vessels by compressing and rubbing:
- the finely chopped Kalanchoe leaves are poured 1: 1 with alcohol. Stick to the medicine for 2 weeks, then rub your feet with it every day before going to bed;
- Rub 2-3 cloves of unpeeled garlic on a fine grater and mix 1: 2 with butter. The compress is applied at night;
- the freshly picked chestnut leaves are crushed until a pasty mass is obtained, which is placed on the legs for 8-10 hours and the legs are wrapped in a bandage;
- Apple vinegar. It must be made from juice or bought from the store. You should take 30 minutes in the evening or morning. wrap your feet in a cloth dipped in undiluted vinegar. Put a foil and a warm scarf on top. The legs should remain raised (on a pillow) during the procedure.
Check out its ingredients when buying apple cider vinegar. If it contains acetic acid and apple flavor, it will not work.
It is recommended to use external agents for 1-1, 5 months, followed by a break of 2-4 weeks.
Recipes for the treatment of varicose veins
In folk medicine, there are recipes that relieve the symptoms of the disease and speed up the healing process:
- aloe juice, honey, crushed soap, ichthyol ointment, lard, Vishnevsky ointment and onion juice are mixed in equal proportions and the resulting mass is heated to body temperature. It is then applied to the affected veins for 10 hours and the legs are wrapped in polyethylene and warmed with a warm scarf or blanket. The course includes a 20-day procedure;
- the green clay is diluted with water until a creamy texture is obtained. The product should be applied to a clean cloth and wrapped around the sore foot, secured with a bandage. After 40-60 minutes. the compress is removed. The manipulation is performed by 1 r. one day every other day for 2-3 months;
- 8 tablespoons. l. the dry and crushed acacia flower is poured over 200 ml of vodka and the product is left to stand for 10 days in a closed container. Filter the finished tincture and rub it thoroughly on the affected areas. After that, the legs should last for 30 minutes. be in an elevated position. The procedure is performed daily for 3 months;
- In a bucket filled with 10 liters of cold water (at least 20 degrees) pour 0, 5 liters of apple cider vinegar and lower your feet for 7 minutes. The bath should be done every night for 2-3 months.
Treatment with folk remedies should be performed after prior consultation with a physician. If the general condition deteriorates, it must be stopped.
Nutrition and diet
Adherence to the norms of a balanced diet is considered the main principle of prevention. If you are at risk or have been diagnosed with varicose veins, you should exclude the following foods from the menu:
- smoked meats;
- flour and confectionery products;
- fatty meat and fish;
- half-done products;
- high fat dairy products;
The consumption of carbonated and alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Restricting the consumption of diuretic coffee, cocoa and rosehips is also recommended.
The diet should be enriched with the following foods:
- fruits high in vitamin C (citrus fruits, kiwi);
- cherries, cherries and garlic help reduce blood viscosity;
- remove excess fluid from the body gooseberries, strawberries, currants;
- vegetables and herbs;
- vegetable oil;
- low fat dairy products;
- cereals increase the supply of fiber to the body;
- lean meat and fish.
Meals can be cooked, steamed or steamed. The amount of fluid consumed, on which the viscosity of the blood depends, should also be monitored.
The goal of the diet is to normalize metabolism and eliminate stagnation that causes obesity, hormonal disorders, and the development of inflammatory diseases. Over time, such violations lead to the formation of varicose veins.
It is important for men and women to pay attention to the prevention of vascular pathologies, as their premature treatment leads to life-threatening complications. The use of folk remedies helps to reduce the risk of developing the pathology in the safest way for the body and improves the general condition of the body.