Treating any disease with pharmacy medications, including varicose veins, can be effective, but there are plenty of side effects. Another thing is to treat varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies.
In this case, 100% safety is not guaranteed, but there will be fewer side reactions. Another bonus is the low price of herbs, and you can collect some yourself. In addition to traditional medicine, folk medicine does not lose its significance either, but you should use any of the prescriptions after consulting your doctor.
Ointments and compresses, baths and applications, infusions and decoctions for internal use are used to eliminate vascular problems. The main task of therapy is to create blood circulation in the limbs.
The best effect is achieved in the initial stage of pathology development, when the manifestations decrease in the evening to the heaviness of the legs and the appearance of vascular networks. If the situation is neglected, the only option would be surgery. That’s why it’s important to monitor your health, get tested, and don’t start getting sick.
Blood stagnation begins in the lower extremities, they bear the full load, the vessels suffer from physical exertion, static posture, external and internal factors. In order for the treatment of varicose veins to be effective with folk remedies, it is recommended to follow the advice of doctors:
- set a daily routine to allow time to rest between cases, warm up and sleep at night;
- to get rid of the habit of sitting with crossed legs;
- walk more often, move more during the day;
- make proper use of funds for external and internal use;
- wear compression stockings selected by a doctor;
- choose things made of natural fibers for everyday wear;
- review your diet, enrich it with fiber, vitamin preparations, and substances that are beneficial for veins and general health.
Tinctures for varicose veins
Various folk remedies for varicose veins of the legs can be quickly prepared at home. Kalanchoe tincture relieves the burning sensation in the legs and the feeling of heaviness. You need to remove the leaves from the plant, grind and stick to the vodka in a 1: 1 ratio.
After a week, you can use the infusion to lubricate the vascular areas. The course lasts one month.
Another effective remedy is made from chestnuts. You will need 50 g of flowers and 1 liter of vodka. Stick to the plant for 2 weeks, shaking the container every day. Take 2 tablespoons of tincture. l. three times daily before meals. When the volume is over, you should interrupt for a week and then continue treatment. The improvement will be noticeable after three courses.
Garlic and lemon vein treatment
As a person grows, cholesterol plaques accumulate in the internal blood vessels, causing blood circulation to deteriorate. Plaque is formed from cholesterol from "junk" foods. To prevent complications associated with narrowing and blockage of blood vessels, you should use prophylactic folk remedies to treat varicose veins of the legs. Garlic is the best remedy for dissolving atherosclerotic plaques. It also fights viruses and pathogens.
Vessels can be cleaned by preparing the indicated infusion. The first step is to chop 4 lemon zest and 4 heads of garlic. Transfer the crushed mass to a glass jar and pour 3 liters of warm water. The medicine is infused for 3 days at room temperature, the contents of the container should be mixed twice a day. After 3 days, the drug is filtered and stored in the refrigerator.
Take 100 ml three times a day after meals. For the full course, you will need 4 boxes of infusions, each prepared for 10 days. If side effects occur in the background of treatment, the dose is reduced to 1-2 tablespoons. l. 2 times a day.
This treatment for varicose veins normalizes blood pressure, relieves headaches, clears blood vessels of cholesterol buildup, and provides energy. It is advisable to perform such a course 1-2 times a year if the doctor does not find contraindications.
Effective compress for varicose veins
The treatment is done with tinctures and decoctions and compresses. Not worse, but sometimes they work better. Below we make a compress for the varicose veins, the reviews confirm that they work:
- tomato compress. The tomatoes are chopped, covered with gauze or bandage, and then smeared on the diseased areas of the legs. To prevent the compress from slipping, you can wrap it in foil or bandage. The duration of the procedure is 2 hours, after which a fresh compress is applied and then another compress. Repeat the procedure daily;
- fern leaf compress. If it is possible to find a plant, you need to collect the leaves, grind them in a meat grinder or blender to squeeze the juice out of the resulting mass. Sour milk is added to the juice, the gauze is moistened in liquid, and applied in the form of a compress to the feet until morning;
- pussy willow compress. Crush the branches, place a cheese cloth on it, and apply to the sore areas of the legs for 2 hours;
- you can easily improve the blood circulation in your legs - keep your feet in warm water and then put on warm socks dipped in vodka. Put plastic bags on them. Make such compression before going to bed. It helps well against the varicose veins of the legs, the varicose veins in the initial stage pass quickly;
- cabbage leaf compress. First, grease the leaves of fresh cabbage with laundry soap, then apply to the feet, sprinkled with special soda. Secure the cabbage leaf with a bandage, leave until morning.
Herbal infusions and decoctions
All recipes for varicose veins are designed to cleanse blood vessels and blood, to improve blood circulation. The following infusion is considered effective: plantain, chestnut flower, chamomile, yarrow, raspberry root are mixed in equal parts. We take 2 tablespoons from the resulting collection. l. and placed in a one liter pan, poured with 600 ml of boiling water. Bring the mixture to the boil, turn off the stove and leave the infusion under the lid overnight. 150 ml of medicine is consumed in the morning and evening.
Infusion of yarrow, nettle, St. John’s wort and marshmallow root eliminates varicose veins well. 1 tablespoon. l. plant raw materials are poured into 1 liter of boiling water in a thermos and left overnight. Take 100 ml of infusion three times a day. The course lasts for 3 weeks, followed by a 5-7 day break and a second course. The duration of treatment is about six months.
An easy remedy is marigold decoction. 2 tablespoons should be placed in a thermos. l. chopped marigold, pour 500 ml of boiling water and leave overnight. Take 100 ml twice a day. According to the same principle, nettle decoction is made, but 2 tbsp. l. raw materials 1 glass of boiling water. Drink 50 ml three times a day. Based on marigold, you can buy ointment for varicose veins at a pharmacy and follow the instructions.
Datura seeds for varicose veins
Treatment of venous pathologies, ischemia and thrombophlebitis, stroke, and neuralgia and whooping cough, epilepsy, and limb numbness with folk remedies is performed with a tincture of doping seeds. It should be recalled that the plant is toxic - the seeds contain alkaloids (atropine, hyoscyamine, scopolamine). Therefore, contraindications should be considered before use.
For the tincture, 80 g of seeds are crushed in a mortar or coffee grinder, placed in a bowl and filled with 500 ml of vodka. The mixture is infused for 2 weeks, shaking the container occasionally. Therapy begins with 15 drops of tincture diluted in 100 ml of water. Take this medicine once a day before meals. In the future, the dose will be increased by 2 drops and this will continue until the amount reaches 25 drops. You have to take 25 drops in another month and this is where the course ends. If there is intolerance to procaine, the particular alternative treatment starts with 1 drop instead of 15.
Datura seed tincture is also suitable for compresses. The dosage is the same as above, only the tincture should not be taken orally, but is used to moisten the cotton wool to be applied to the veins. The legs are wrapped in foil and left to compress for an hour. Given that the area of the compresses will be different in each case, you should be careful not to overdose.
Overdose can be defined by a feeling of intoxication. In this case, drink more water and milk, then reduce the dose by a few drops and not increase it.
Vegetable juices are great for treating varicose veins. The main condition is the regularity of the application. The juice is quickly absorbed, saturated with healthy substances, vitamins and trace elements, as well as antioxidants. Intake of fruit juices strengthens blood vessels, prevents the formation of thrombi, improves the process of hematopoiesis.
The following juices are used for home treatment after consultation with your doctor:
- Carrots, celery and spinach leaves. The ingredients are combined in a ratio of 10: 6. Carrot juice contains bioflavonoids and trace elements. The most effective of the flavonoids is routine, among the drugs that prevent capillary fragility. Constant use of fresh carrot juice strengthens blood vessel walls, prevents the development of varicose veins or the progression of an existing disease. Spinach contains a lot of oxalic acid, which cleans the blood vessels of deposits, prevents the accumulation of limescale and normalizes the ability of the blood vessels to contract. Daily use of spinach juice prevents high blood pressure, fills the body with vitamins A and C, cleanses the blood vessels. Celery cleanses the blood vessels, helps with fat metabolism, removes toxins and has a diuretic effect. By combining celery, carrot and spinach juice, it has an excellent effect on all organs and systems, prevents the development of varicose veins and eliminates the manifestations of the disease in the initial stage.
- Spinach, beets and carrots. The ingredients are mixed in a ratio of 1: 1: 2. With the help of juice therapy, you can quickly cure varicose veins on your legs at an early stage. Daily use of vegetable juice replenishes the supply of trace elements, normalizes blood pressure, relieves fluid and, with it, edema. Beets have the ability to stimulate blood formation, thanks to which the amount of hemoglobin in the blood increases, which prevents the development of anemia.
- Celery, spinach, carrots and parsley. The ingredients are mixed in a ratio of 4: 3: 7: 2. The properties of carrots and celery are described above, and parsley strengthens the walls of the vessels of the lower limbs, does not make the capillaries so fragile, and can therefore avoid the appearance of new vascular networks on the surface of the legs. Juice therapy resists vascular damage and thinning, removes excess fluid from the body, and cleanses the blood of toxins. The blood vessel walls are cleared of calcium deposits, which is used to prevent atherosclerosis.
- Spinach and turnips, fresh watercress. The juices from the listed ingredients are mixed in a ratio of 4: 2: 2. Turnips are taken with the leaves as the greens contain many useful minerals - magnesium, calcium and potassium. Turnip juice normalizes the levels of electrolytes in the blood, improves metabolism and prevents high blood pressure and vascular disease. Watercress leaves contain a wealth of useful substances: sulfur, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, chlorine, magnesium, iron and sodium. The combination of fruit juices made from the listed ingredients helps to dilute the blood, cleanse toxins, dissolve blood clots and prevent their formation. With such regular home treatment, folk remedies improve the metabolism in the tissues, the organs are saturated with oxygen and cleansed of toxins.
Juice therapy involves the daily intake of 500-600 ml of juices, which should be prepared shortly before use. The shelf life of fresh juice is only half an hour, other useful substances are destroyed in contact with air. You need to put a lot of effort and time into the effectiveness of the therapy.
Healing lotions for varicose veins
Many patients want to speed up the treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies at home, lubricating with miracle ointment or drinking magical tincture. But you can’t get rid of varicose veins in a day or even a month - that’s what every doctor will tell you. Recipes should be discussed with a professional and alternated. Here are some tools that are easy to make but are effective in eliminating vascular networks in the legs:
- Many people consider apple cider vinegar to be the main cure for varicose veins. For treatment, 2 tablespoons should be diluted in a glass of water. l. apple cider vinegar, then moisten the bandage in this liquid and wrap around the affected limbs. From above, the creams are wrapped in foil and left for an hour;
- potato peel is a simple and affordable remedy for varicose veins. The cleansing should be boiled and then cooled and a bandage or bandage applied to the compress. Such a cream is applied to the diseased area of the foot for a few hours;
- you can use chamomile pharmacy in the early stages of the disease. The recipe is simple - 2 tbsp. cook the dry flowers with a glass of boiling water for half an hour. The infusion is filtered, the dressings are moistened and applied to the diseased veins. The wormwood can be cooked in the same way.
In summary, it should be noted that there are many recipes for varicose veins on the legs and a knowledgeable professional will help you choose the most effective one.