Varicose veins in the legs are one of the most common diseases that occur in large numbers of women of all ages. Men also suffer from this, but much less frequently. With such symptoms, they very rarely see a doctor right away. Everyone is trying to self-heal, all as temporary manifestations. Leg varicose veins are often confused with simply an overloaded body that is tired of daily work and a difficult schedule.
The peculiarity of leg varicose veins is that the treatment is particularly helpful only in the early stages of the disease, but not in the last, when it has more and more manifestations every day. If we leave everything to chance, surgery is needed in the extreme stages. The disease progresses gradually. Especially if you have venous insufficiency.
With varicose veins in the lower extremities, symptoms disappear with abnormal expansion and hemodynamic disturbances. Venous valves do not work well. Over time, all of this worsens with thrombophlebitis, phlebothrombosis, and pulmonary thromboembolism.
The onset of the disease
The first symptoms of varicose veins in the legs are due to a malfunction of the valves in the veins, leading to blood reflux. Endothelial cells receive a signal of slowed blood flow. Leukocytes are installed on them. Thus, the process of inflammation begins in the vessel walls, which run along the bed of veins. The inflammatory process catalyzes disorders of the venous walls.
All pressures are stronger on the venous valve system. First, the lesion is observed in the most stressed areas - perforating vessels and large and small saphenous vessels. After that, the channel starts to fill the norm. This results in the redistribution of venous blood in the walls. And down there, more often than not, there are many more. All of this volume reaches deep into the deep veins, where it stretches everything in its immediate surroundings. Expansion and venous insufficiency of the valve sections occur.
Phlebologists identify a number of causes that cause pathologies in the work of the venous system. This may be due to a combination of genetic predisposition and adverse effects on the human body. Hereditary traits are manifested not only in women but also in men. The disease can pass inside for a long time, but it does not manifest itself in any way from the outside. Subsequently, due to some external catalyst, failure of the venous valves leads to the first manifestations on the skin.
The following important causes provoke the disease:
- age parameters;
- hormone failure;
- persistent constipation;
- periods after surgery or injury;
- alcohol and tobacco addiction;
- hypercoagulability and obesity;
- childbirth and pregnancy;
- underwear that compresses parts of the body;
- long idle time and high workload;
- congenital disorders of the circulatory system;
- life in unsuitable conditions due to the climate.
Leg vein diseases are not simple blue discolorations, long journeys in the form of a tree. They are also often referred to as vascular stars. This is far from the first stage, and even the name of such a phenomenon - intradermal varicose veins. As we wrote earlier, this situation can occur due to a number of factors, including pregnant girls. The human body is gradually rebuilt under the influence of hormones. Not dangerous except for discomfort due to external manifestations. Young ladies don’t like to see them blue outward. Such manifestations of the lower varicose veins can be removed with cosmetic means, by adjusting the diet, switching to the recommended dietary products.
The bluish mesh most often indicates to the patient that he has a harmless type of varicose vein in the lower extremities.
Human health does not suffer from this in any way, but it is still unpleasant to live with such a problem for a long time. Experts advise you to contact specialist cosmetology clinics where they can prescribe a medication course with herbs, lotions, gels and ointments. It is a combination of traditional medicine and classical clinical research.
If any bumps or bumps are already protruding, a doctor should be consulted immediately. There is no self-healing here. If there is pain in the legs with varicose veins, symptoms that are difficult to determine, contact therapists. In general, it is very difficult to completely remove the varicose veins in the lower extremities, as evidenced by the photo and treatment symptoms. In advanced situations, you should even turn to the surgery department for help where they are going through surgery. The onset of leg varicose veins is characterized by limb heaviness, edema, and some cramps. All of these symptoms of varicose veins tell us directly that there is only one case that is treated only under the supervision of a doctor.
If you notice redness on the skin, feel uncomfortable while walking, see compressed vessel walls, feel a rise in temperature, then it is already a serious disease called thrombophlebitis.
There is already a significant risk of health loss. If you do not pay attention to all these signs of varicose vein enlargement for a long time, there will be even more deaths each year. Usually, in the case of a disease with current symptoms, the patient is immediately taken to hospital for long-term treatment. Even if you only notice one symptom, you don’t have to wait for the weather by the sea. Urgently to the clinic and it will be more visible there.
In 2000, a classification was proposed for 4 degrees of varicose veins in the legs:
- Dilated veins within the segmental type of skin. Venous secretions are not noticeable.
- Dilated, segmental veins are refluxing.
- Dilated blood vessels reflux over the entire area of the lower limbs.
- Dilated veins with varicose reflux, penetration into deep veins.
In addition, medical workers identify not only ascending pathological lesions from the foot, but also downwards - the varicose veins start from the mouth of the saphenous vein.
The level of venous insufficiency is also examined when determining the type of disease.
Zero - the disease is not present in humans, the first is the difficulty of the legs, the second is the manifestation of edema, the third is persistent edema, eczema, increased pigmentation, lipodermatosclerosis, the fourth is the development of trophic ulcers.
First, the phlebologist’s examination method is simply external, i. e. , the doctor examines the external changes in the legs. It is very likely that the approximate diagnosis will be made at this stage, but it will never end. A number of general research and diagnostic procedures are then performed:
- blood test;
- reovasography and duplex scanning;
- Doppler ultrasound and plethysmography.
The varicose veins in the lower limbs are easy to treat in the early stages. The whole procedure is used to normalize blood circulation, blood outflow and prevent complications. All this helps to improve the general condition of the body. Therapeutic techniques are divided into two types.
Conservative therapy is most commonly used when the first signs of varicose veins appear on the legs. The skin is affected, but these are not some pronounced segments. Man still lives an ordinary life. Illness basically affects nothing but the psychological state.
The surgical method is recommended if the disease manifests itself in large areas with clear lines, small bumps and ulcers. The recovery method often begins with minimally invasive procedures, but full-scale surgery sometimes helps if the case is extremely neglected.
A complex course is prescribed to the patient:
- Professionals try to get rid of all possible risks of the disease progressing. Varicose veins on the legs are examined by a phlebologist and the patient may be referred for clinical examination.
- They start fighting Adynamia. If there is no thrombosis, you need to take an active part in the sport, loading your body evenly, training your lower limbs vigorously. Intensity is already being discussed with the physiotherapist. They are most often forced to swim, run, cycle. It is recommended to wear sports underwear with additional compression. Before training, keep your legs raised for a few minutes. Patients are not advised to engage in contact sports: strength martial arts, football, hockey. Elastic bandages are used to better secure the legs.
- Compression knitwear and elastic knitting are not only needed on sports fields. They try to treat the symptoms of varicose veins in the lower extremities. Used properly, venous circulation should be improved. This type of treatment is often prescribed for a limited time.
- Taking medications. The course of taking medications is prescribed at all stages of the development of varicose veins. Reckless use of the tablets in case of illness can only lead to aggravation of the situation. The patient can get rid of the bright manifestations of the legs in one month if he follows the doctor's instructions. All prescribed drugs belong to different groups of drugs that have anti-inflammatory effects and are related to angioprotectors, phlebotonics, desogregantants, or anticoagulants.
- Physiotherapy is always involved in the complex of counteracting the symptoms of varicose veins in the foot. All of them are primarily concerned with restoring the tone of venous walls, lymphatic drainage, and improving blood circulation. A number of medications are prescribed, from magnetic and laser therapy to pneumocompression and hyperbaric oxygen supply. Often these are oxygen and mineral baths. If there are no contraindications and side effects, the patient is prescribed a massage. Moreover, they can sometimes even be done at home on their own. They are also treated with hirudotherapy and apitherapy.
Venous-type diseases sometimes need to be treated by surgeons when all the symptoms of the disease accumulate and negatively affect each other, and the stage is long gone by the last fourth. They try to fight in a minimally invasive way. This is sclerotherapy with the introduction of certain substances that affect the walls of blood vessels. This is microsclerotherapy that acts directly on the spider veins. It is a microthermocoagulation that works on a thin electrode, eliminating all bright external manifestations. These include laser endovascular coagulation and radiofrequency ablation of the varicose veins - all of which affect the affected areas of the veins, providing a thermal effect. All this is necessary in order not to prescribe drastic measures and to lead a real operation. There are already new types of new methods that were only used in the late 1990s.
Transluminal phlebectomy: A thin probe is inserted into a patient's vein. Thanks to this, the doctor checks the whole operation. An anesthetic is given. All affected areas are removed by aspiration.
Endoscopic dissection: Perforating veins are ligated with endoscopic devices.
There are also separate operations to preserve the veins. Their purpose is to restore the function of the venous valves. There are special structures that inhibit the progress of pathological nature. Sometimes hemodynamic operations are used to relieve affected veins by redirecting venous flows in a different direction. In such cases, relapse is common. Do not visit spas, saunas in the postoperative period, walk less often and do not lift heavy things.
The use of compression stockings with elastic bandage is not only necessary for sports. They are used to treat the initial signs of varicose veins. If done correctly, venous blood circulation will improve. Often these treatments are prescribed indefinitely. Medications can be prescribed at any stage in the development of varicose veins. If the pills are used insanely to cure a disease, the situation can only get worse. After a month, patients can remove the various manifestations on the surface of the legs when they begin to follow the doctor’s recommendations. The drugs have an effect in which the inflammation disappears. These are angioprotectors, phlebotonics, disinfectants or anticoagulants.
- The first response, from a 39-year-old woman, was: "Signs of leg varicose veins were reported about a year ago. This is my hereditary disease in my mother's line. Often, however, atherosclerosis occurs. In this case, folk methods did not help with the pain. "although I had an internal initial varicose vein disease. I began to deal with prophylaxis too late. The disease reached the pelvis. I turned to a specialist who examined all the affected areas. It prescribes a special treatment that got rid of all the unpleasant external varicose veins in about a month"We can safely say that every woman should see a doctor right away. Don't use these grandmother's methods. Only phlebologists can help you find medications. They know everything about varicose veins. "
- The second opinion, a 52-year-old woman, said: "Despite constantly monitoring her health, varicose veins still appeared. I always go to the treating doctors just for an initial examination and diagnosis. The whole course lasted 3-4 weeks. By then, I was already dealing with purely preventive and restorative procedures. Now a little sport, proper nutrition, yes, usually that’s all. The disease has receded and I hope it will never come back. "