Varicose veins or varicose veins is a chronic disease. One of the signs of varicose veins – varicose veins with simultaneous violation of the outflow of the blood and its stagnation in the venous system.
Varicose veins of the symptoms that may develop under the influence of a number of reasons. It can be characterized by the protrusion of the thick, tortuous, and large blood vessels. Very often, the varicose veins of the lower extremities.
In the early stages of varicose veins, it can be done without any surgery, and the use of other methods of treatment. This will enable the patient to significantly improve the situation and to stop the progression of the disease. The treatment of varicose veins without surgery may be used in the event of a surgical procedure, for any reason contraindicated.
Varicose veins – an abnormal local expansion of the lumen of blood vessels. More and more frequently in the veins of the lower extremities. Generally, varicose veins occur because of genetic predisposition, a sedentary lifestyle, anatomical abnormalities of the valve apparatus of the blood vessels.
With varicose veins has significantly reduced the elasticity of arteries and blood vessels begin to expand. In the veins of the so-called tab for a continuous flow of blood. If everything is working correctly, it is not a problem. When an error occurs, the varicose veins. The valves are no longer the normal to stop and slow down the flow of blood to the heart. The pressure builds up and pushes the blood out of the thick of the blood vessels in the thin vessels. A system of thin veins, which it is not adapted to the strain – the stretching and destruction of the.
Become highly visible on the legs, spider veins are a serious aesthetic problem. Varicose veins progress, with which the veins are becoming more prominent, a characteristic blue color, thicken, and soon to occur in the nodules.
Causes of varicose veins
There are many causes of varicose veins, which will increase the likelihood that a patient who suffers from varicose veins:
- The genetic inheritance of a family which is experiencing the varicose veins, the offspring can be a "yes" in Vienna, with the special structure of the (weakness of connective tissue, imperfect valves, etc.), and then, without any further consideration of preventative measures, it is likely you must sooner or later become a patient with the diagnosis "varicose veins of the legs".
- Hormone fluctuations – most often affects women (menopause, menstrual periods, pregnancy, etc.), which explains, clearly, the sex of the selectivity of the disease, in addition, there is the risk of varicose veins increases, and the treatment – it is scientifically proven that the operation of female sex hormones and their deputies greatly reduces the elasticity of the vein walls.
- Disorders of the nervous system, stress, depression, and all of this leads to a decrease in the tone of the blood vessels in the lower limbs;
- Inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs of these processes can lead to a hormonal imbalance, but can also damage the small blood vessels;
- Low physical activity – at the time, the vein is pressed, it blocks the flow of blood, reduce the tone of the venous walls, and finally the blood begins to stagnate, and there is of varicose veins (now, the doctors have even a special term – the computer is suffering from varicose veins, and therefore have a larger number of patients, the cause of the disease, which was seated before a flicker on the monitor);
- High physical activity – these include weight lifting, excess weight, pregnancy, work, associated with the long-term; as a result, a significant increase in the pressure in the blood vessels that lead to the formation of varicose veins;
- Flat feet;
- Make a habit of that, and all over the place, so they go to the wrong high heels;
- Constipation, which increases pressure in the abdomen;
- A variety of injuries and diseases.
- Paul. The risk of varicose veins in women is much higher.
- The structure of the body. Varicose often affects people of above-average growth potential.
The symptoms of varicose veins in the legs
Don't miss out on the time of the creation of varicose veins in the legs, you'll need to know the symptoms and take timely corrective action to be taken.
The main symptoms of varicose veins in the legs:
- The occurrence of pain in the legs, burning through his veins, a feeling of heat;
- The noticeable weight is in my legs (not to be confused with fatigue);
- The appearance of the edema in my legs. Usually, the swelling occurs in the evening;
- Cramps in legs during the night;
- Visible varicose veins;
- The skin on the Shin becomes more noticeable a dark color. There are the staples, and preferably a venous ulcer.
There are also other symptoms of varicose veins:
- Can be manifest in the region of the popliteal fossa, or the whole of the rear surface of the leg. If your legs are thick, or is the excessive hairiness, the manifestation of varicose veins less visible;
- The blood vessels can easily be felt. With the defeat of the varicose veins can be turned down;
- Of the eye suffering from varicose veins can go away if the patient is to be placed horizontally, and then lift the leg. The vertical position of the body, the vein will become thicker;
- It is unusual for the weight of the legs, and the pain dull in nature, intermittent seizures. The patient may complain of a slight burning feeling in the feet;
- The feet often swell, especially in the soft tissues.
These are the main symptoms of varicose veins. Varicose veins will progress without proper treatment of varicose veins.
If the disease will progress, you will be able to display the symptoms of varicose veins, such as the following:
- Indurate (a seal);
- The disturbance in the nutrition of the skin;
- The skin pigmentation of the legs;
- Trophic ulcers.
If you have a third-party, symptoms of varicose veins, such as a high fever, nausea, – it is said that varicose veins have moved into a stage of complications.
The consequences of varicose veins
Varicose veins are not only an aesthetic problem in the legs. This is a disease of the "hit" of the heart. Varicose veins gives it a serious problem, and it reduces the quality of life. If there is no high-quality medical care, suffering from varicose veins will be given to serious complications, including death.
The consequences of varicose veins:
- The formation of blood clots as a result of the stagnation of the blood in the veins;
- Detachment of a thrombus and occlusion of the vessel, which coincides with its diameter;
- Pulmonary embolism (detached blood clot, in the blood occurs in the pulmonary artery, which is involved in blood circulation in a small circle. If there is a clot of a diameter corresponding to the diameter of the trunk of this artery, which can lead to sudden death.
- The wounds, or eczema of the legs lead to an eating disorder (poor circulation leading to a lack of oxygen to the tissues, which is the main food of the tissues of the body);
- Swelling of the different parts of the body, as a result of the stagnation in the veins are soft and elastic, bluish color, and their education should not depend on the period of time, often in the form of the affected area);
- Dermatitis (inflammation of the skin in the affected areas, due to understaffing of the town;
- To change the color of the skin of the affected area.
- The tightness of the subcutaneous adipose tissue in the affected area due to swelling.
The diagnosis of varicose veins
- Function test (determination of the patency of the veins and their valves): Troyanova – Trendelenburg, Pratt, Shania, and others. One of the most frequently asked test Troyanova – Trendelenburg, to whom the patient is in a horizontal position, raise the legs 450, and the doctor makes a stroking from the foot up, and as a result, the superficial veins are emptied, and then establishes a tourniquet to the upper part of the thighs and ask the patient to stand normally, filling of the veins of the lower leg, it should be not more than 15 seconds;
- Duplex ultrasound scanning of the veins is the most informative method for the assessment of blood flow in the tank, and see the vessel;
- Doppler ultrasound – a method in which the assessment of blood flow in the vessel;
- Venography is the injection of a contrast agent administered intravenously and a study of the x-ray images.
- Interface placing the radiopharmaceutical, and the observation of the specific device.
The treatment of varicose veins
Specifically for the treatment of varicose veins in the legs may be dependent on the level of development of the disease. If it is, this is only the first step, it is possible to use conservative therapies.
Conservative treatments for varicose veins:
- The treatment of varicose veins of the products. The pills, creams, ointments;
- In the compression. Wearing special compression garments (stockings, bandages);
- Pneumo massage. It uses a special device that is able to enhance the blood flow, improves tissues trophism, and to substantially eliminate the negative symptoms of varicose veins;
- Sclerotherapy. It is used after the removal of the damaged blood vessel is no longer enough. It is injected into a vein of a medicinal product which is able to reduce the patient of the vessels, which afterwards disappear;
- Laser coagulation. The treatment of varicose veins with lasers is one of the modern methods that have to be carried out under local anesthesia. The results of laser treatment are visible after about a month;
- Physical therapy, namely, treatment of varicose veins with leeches. It's an unconventional method, but it is very popular.
The prevention of varicose veins
The prevention of varicose veins will be needed for those who have close relatives (the older generation) with this condition. In addition to this, it is recommended that prophylactic treatment of varices of the people with excess weight, pregnant women, and for certain professions, which is a long time have to stand on their own feet.
Keep an active lifestyle and more exercise. Especially the help of Hiking to strengthen his legs, which makes them more resistant.
There are a couple of recommendations that can help to prevent the development of varicose veins:
- If you long to stand on my feet, it would be desirable, from time to time by the cross and extending to the toes;
- The office workers (sedentary work), it is recommended to occasionally put his feet up on the table. This helps to improve the outflow of blood from the veins of the lower extremities;
- If you are using a small leg can reduce the pressure on the feet, while sitting;
- Periodically lift off the bottom. You can relieve of the tension of the leg muscles and improves the flow of blood upward;
- Several times a day to do the workout of the entire body.
In addition, the use of compression garments, which aid in the prevention of varicose veins.
If you are still there is a slight degree of varicose veins, then you should avoid the following:
- the wearing of shoes with high heels;
- oral contraceptives, which can aggravate the condition;
- obesity and excess body weight.
- consumption of spicy, salty, and fatty foods;
- carrying heavy suitcases and bags;
- depilation wax;
- a long, hot bath;
- baths and saunas;
- Smoking, drugs, alcohol;
- yourself to to treat.