One of the components of the varicose veins and prevention complex is gymnastics. It consists of simple basic exercises, the implementation of which helps to stabilize the functioning of the vascular system and improve general health. Daily exercise for varicose veins in the legs is effective for any form of pathology and at any stage of treatment.
Basics of varicose veins
One of the provocative factors for lower limb varicose veins is hypodynamics. Therefore, in preventing or treating the disease, phlebologists prescribe special exercises for the lower extremities. Their type and intensity are selected taking into account the clinical picture of the disease, the location of the veins involved, the severity and area of the lesion. The focus and duration of the tournament complex are also taken into account.
Regardless of the type of varicose vein gymnastics, your goals are:
- Stimulates blood flow through the veins.
- Normalize lymph flow.
- Increase the tone of the muscle tissue in the lower extremities to improve their stamina.
- Stabilization of arterial inflow.
- Restore venous tone.
- Improve peripheral circulation activity.
In case of venous insufficiency, the most effective gymnastics complex is light-duty exercises. This rate of execution allows the pressure of the veins to be controlled, ensuring stagnation in the vessels. As a result, the pain and discomfort in the legs disappears spontaneously.
The most effective exercises allowed at any stage of the varicose veins include walking in the fresh air and working in the pool. All permitted exercises developed by the therapist are performed in a horizontal position or while sitting.
When planning your workout, it is important to know what exercises should not be done against varicose veins. It is strictly forbidden to perform a number of exercises, including:
- Lift weights in a vertical position.
- Strength training.
- Steppe watches.
The appropriate set of permitted exercises is performed exclusively by a phlebologist or exercise instructor.
Varicose veins are an affordable and easy way to treat and prevent the disease. The complex does not require the presence of specialist and professional equipment.
Varicose vein therapy
Conservative therapy for venous insufficiency is always supplemented by physiotherapy practices. The varicose vein complex is selected in this case depending on the purpose of the treatment:
- Reduction of the severity of symptoms in the initial stages of varicose veins.
- Pain relief.
- Prevention of the development of severe varicose veins that require surgery.
- Prevention of pathology in vulnerable people.
Each gymnastics complex type is marked with the most effective exercises.
Gymnastics to remove the first symptoms of varicose veins helps to stimulate the walls of blood vessels, increase their tone and improve blood flow. The best practices for lower limb varicose veins in the initial stages are:
- It runs slowly on soft surfaces in a short morning.
- Change the position of your feet while walking all day. This requires occasional club hitting, unfolding socks, walking on heels and toes.
- Amplitude movements in the ankle and knee joints.
- If you are sitting in a chair for a long time, you should perform alternate rolls sideways on your buttocks and not throw one leg over the other.
- Horizontal stretching exercises are performed daily in the evenings.
- Before lying down, lift your lower limbs leaning against the wall.
The training-therapeutic complex of chronic varicose veins is not the main method of treatment, but its systematic implementation slows down the development of the disease and delays the formation of venous nodes.
Rehabilitation physicians recommend adding exercises in the initial stages of varicose veins:
- exercise bike.
- Alternative compression of the legs lying on the chest.
- Bend and stretch your fingers.
- Walk in place without tearing off your socks.
- Vertical scissors.
- Work your abdominal muscles.
- Raising and lowering the buttocks with the legs raised.
- Vibration exercises.
- Stretches your legs and arms.
It is recommended to perform the complex twice a day for greater efficiency and to prevent the development of varicose veins.
Each workout should begin with a relaxing massage. The exercises are done slowly and smoothly, eliminating sudden movements. The duration of the complex is at least 15 minutes.
The last stage of any exercise complex is a contrast shower on the lower extremities with strong pressure. The duration of this manipulation is 10 minutes on each leg.
Preventive exercises for varicose veins on the legs
If you experience increased swelling, frequent seizures, and severe pain, stop these exercises immediately and return to preventative exercise. This complex ensures the systematic implementation of the following exercises on varicose legs.
- Pull the sock in different directions with minimum resistance and maximum amplitude.
- Rotation of the foot in synchronous or alternative semiaxia.
- Perform these exercises by grasping the inside of the foot, excluding muscle contraction of the foot.
- Gradually stretch the muscles and ligaments of the foot by touching the thumb to the chest, nose and ears. If possible, place your feet on the headrest.
- Pull out the knee joint at chest level. In this case, grasp the ankle joint with both hands. Without loosening your grip, try to extend your knee joint to the maximum without lifting your foot off the floor.
Kneeling starting position:
- Spread the knee joints shoulder-width apart and lower the gluteus muscles to the floor. Sit in this position for up to 20 seconds. In the absence of pain and burning in the muscles, try to touch the floor with the shoulder blades. Finish the exercise by lifting your legs and gently shaking your limbs.
- Try to bend your legs as far forward as possible to straighten your knee joint. If possible, it is recommended to sit on twine on both sides.
- Standing in an accent down from the knee, pull the toe and swing the foot back, alternating with amplitude toward the side while bending the foot. Rotate both legs 15 times.
Lifestyle should be considered when selecting practices for the treatment of varicose veins. The complex, which is suitable for people with high daily activity, does not bring any benefits to people with a passive lifestyle.
To upload a horizontal varicose vein:
- Raises a bent leg at the limb and rises straight ten times at each limb.
- Alternative bending and extension of the legs at the knee joint, with slight forward pressure and towards ourselves.
- Execute longitudinal and transverse "scissors".
- Raise the pelvis and lean on the shoulder blades, swinging the amplitude of the longitudinal and transverse crossings.
- From the “birch” position, throw your legs behind your head, touching the floor with your toes.
Systematic exercise therapy not only improves the health of the veins and the intensity of blood flow through them, but also reduces the dystrophic changes in the soft areas of the affected lower limb.
Vibratory for varicose veins
One effective treatment for venous insufficiency is vibro-gymnastics. It helps to improve the condition of blood vessels and prolongs the remission of the disease. It refers to gentle treatment and is recommended when rhythmic sports are prohibited.
It consists of two main complexes:
- Breathing.Immediately after waking up and before performing the vibration exercises. Technique: Standing on tiptoe, pushing your chest forward, take a deep breath while trying to breathe as low as possible. If done correctly, the abdomen should swell slightly. We hold our breath for 3-5 seconds and exhale the air with sharp, frequent jerks.
- Vibration exercise.Starting position standing on your feet with straight arms at the back along the body. Technique: lift the corners 1 cm off the floor. When exhaling, descend sharply to the floor. The exercise is repeated at least 60 times. Intensity 1 increase per second. After 20 raises, they pause for 10 seconds.
Vibration exercise brings positive therapeutic results only at the beginning of varicose veins and is an extremely effective preventative measure.
Exercise stimulates blood flow to the heart, which flushes blood vessels. This process stimulates the restoration of elasticity and tone of the venous walls and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Achieving a positive result during varicose veins depends on the correctness and order of all items. Therefore, the first classes should be held under the supervision of a doctor or instructor. It is also important to follow the training technique and the number of sets.