Venous thrombosis of the lower extremities interferes with blood flow. The method of treatment is determined by the phlebologist. Once an accurate diagnosis has been made, the doctor will prescribe the best and most effective medicine for the disease. You can use ointments, gels, tablets and traditional medicine for the varicose veins of the lower limbs. No matter what treatment your doctor prescribes, your main job is to eliminate varicose veins and normalize blood flow to your lower extremities.
Combination therapy for varicose veins provides rapid healing. In addition to conservative and traditional treatments, exercise, diet and contrast dosing are effective methods of therapy.
The main goal of medication is to minimize the clinical manifestations of varicose veins, prevent negative consequences, and normalize blood circulation.
The disadvantage of conservative treatment is that the therapy corrects the symptoms but does not completely eliminate the problem.
The main types of drugs are distinguished:
- Phlebotonics- helps to improve the tone of venous walls, eliminate foot swelling. The tablet form is not recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Blood thinners- prevent the process of blood clots. It is used to treat thrombophlebitis.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs- This type is represented by anti-inflammatory painkillers that do not contain steroids.
An absolute cure for varicose veins is unrealistic. When it appears, the deformed blood vessels cannot return to their original shape under any circumstances. The operations are used to remove blood vessels on the surface. However, deep veins cannot be normalized in this way. They are difficult to diagnose. After surgery is complete, there is a high probability, about eighty percent, that the varicose vein will reappear after a while.
If you combine the methods of therapy and do prevention, the process of development is stopped, not allowing complications to appear. But it needs to be examined and consulted by phlebologists throughout life.
Using a tablet
Tablet-shaped medicine is the most effective and popular form of varicose veins in the legs. The tablets should be prescribed by a doctor if it is impossible to administer the medication locally.
Varicose vein tablets can be used in combination with compression therapy and topical medications.
Therapeutic properties of the tablets:
- improves the tone of the veins in the legs;
- speeds up blood flow;
- eliminates the inflammatory process;
- accelerates lymphatic drainage;
- eliminates microcirculatory changes.
Classification of anti-varicose drugs:
- non-steroidal analgesics;
- aspirin and its derivatives;
- drugs to prevent thrombosis.
Very effective due to the therapeutic properties of phlebotonics:
- has no negative consequences from the gastrointestinal tract;
- eliminates burns and swelling of the feet.
Ointment for the treatment of the disease
The ointment not only helps to heal the varicose veins on the legs, but is also a preventative measure.
To treat a disease, doctors often recommend the use of ointments that have the following therapeutic effects:
- reduces foot pain;
- eliminates swelling of the foot;
- improves valve system performance;
- increases the tone of the vessel walls;
- reduces the risk of complications.
Ointments depending on therapeutic effect:
- Contains heparin.It has an resorbing effect, prevents thrombus formation, stagnant processes.
- Contains venoactive components.Ointments, which contain sweet clover, horse chestnut extract, buttocks, help relieve pain and strengthen the blood vessels in the legs.
- Contains non-steroidal substances.Medicines are used for prophylaxis to prevent blood clots and to treat thrombophlebitis. Medications help eliminate the inflammatory process, help reduce leg pain.
- Contains glucocorticoid hormones.Highly effective treatment that eliminates lower limb pain and inflammation. Disadvantage is the large number of contraindications and negative consequences.
Ointments are recommended in the early stages of varicose veins. During this period, the patient may experience the following symptoms:
- feeling of heaviness and pain in the legs;
- itching in the lower extremities;
- swelling of the legs;
- Poker and veins appear on the skin.
The ointment helps to eliminate the listed symptoms and also has the following therapeutic functions: normalizes the microcirculation, prevents the process of thrombus formation and dissolves blood clots, if any.
In order for the ointment selected for the treatment of varicose veins to have an effect, the appointment and advice of the treating physician should be considered. This disease can only be treated if it is in its initial stage. It is important to use the ointment at the right time. It is necessary to suppress the pathological process. Many people who have such a problem wonder if they sell not too expensive and effective ointments. Price affordability is of great importance to most.
Many phlebologists are wondering why the different ointment compositions for lower limb varicose veins differ significantly in their cost. It is impossible for some people to get expensive medicine. Therefore, they prefer rather not very expensive analogs. When assigning the cost of a drug, the main consideration is the composition, the value of each component, and the cost.
The ointment from the stars on the legs is applied externally three times a day to the affected area of skin. The process of applying the ointment is 14 days. In the presence of spider veins, it is recommended to incorporate anti-mating agents into the therapy complex in the facial area. It is not recommended to use ointments in the presence of skin lesions, ulcers and allergic reactions to the composition of the product.
Cream for treating the disease
The cream contains an active ingredient that helps relieve pain and strengthen the walls of blood vessels. Often the cream contains vitamins C, B1, B5. Thanks to the vitamins, the walls of the blood vessels are strengthened and the regeneration process is accelerated.
Varicose veins complicate the process of penetration of active substances into the tissues of the feet, so the concentration of coagulant must be high for the treatment to be effective. Although the device is easy to use, it is not recommended to use it as the main method of therapy.
Compression stockings have been successfully proven in the treatment of varicose veins. It improves the condition of blood vessels, speeds up blood flow and prevents congestion.
Wearing a compression stocking despite its effectiveness does not eliminate the cause of the pathology. Therefore, compression garments can be used as an adjunct treatment against varicose veins, eliminating pain and swelling.
Only a qualified professional can recommend the best therapeutic agent to eliminate varicose veins. In the early stages of the disease, treatment can be done at home using traditional medicine. We recommend that you discuss folk remedies with your doctor so as not to aggravate the situation.
More effective folk recipes:
- Garlic should be grated and mixed with butter in a 1: 2 ratio. The resulting fat is then applied to the affected veins and secured to the limbs with paper and a thick cloth. The compress should be done before going to bed and left overnight.
- To prepare the chestnut infusion, 50 g of stock should be poured into 500 ml of alcohol. The product should be infused for 2 weeks and then filtered. It is recommended to take the tincture with liquid three times before meals.