Almost every woman has heard of varicose veins. Even twenty-year-old girls are susceptible to this disease. But most face this problem during pregnancy, especially women with hereditary predispositions.
At first, the defect is only cosmetic, but over time there are pains. In advanced conditions, the disease can develop into thrombophlebitis (a common complication of varicose veins), damaging the mother and the unborn child. How to avoid such consequences, the best recipes for the treatment of varicose veins, as well as the prevention of the disease - you will learn all this in the following material.
Causes of Occurrence
Carrying a baby is a difficult ordeal for a woman, especially in the second half of pregnancy. During this period, the lower torso is under constant stress and can withstand significant loads. The blood vessels cannot cope with the accumulated work and do not rupture, this is the main cause of varicose veins at the feet of expectant mothers.
In addition, blood flow is increased to feed not one, but two, sometimes three at a time! The volume of the uterus increases, the pressure increases, which disrupts the natural blood flow, this is another important factor that provokes this disease.
There are other causes of the disease:
- rapid weight gain, overweight;
- repeated pregnancy;
- physical inactivity, sedentary work;
- changes in hormonal background;
- hereditary predisposition;
- bad habits;
- long sunbathing.
In addition, any latent or chronic disease gets worse during pregnancy, so take steps to prevent it. If the problem persists, use the recipes for treatment.
First signs and symptoms
This disease does not appear at first, but over time you will definitely feel discomfort and other signs:
- swollen veins visible to the naked eye;
- various meshes are formed - this is the result of the rupture of the blood vessels;
- in the evening there is severe fatigue in the legs, swelling; By morning
- the pain will not go away, the situation will get worse;
- Varicose veins occur not only on the legs but also in the pelvic area (uterus, labia). In such a situation, only a doctor will identify this disease, but if you feel itching, pain in the groin, unable to sit for a long time, you should see a gynecologist immediately;
- In advanced cases, patients suffer from lower limb cramps.
If you notice any of the above symptoms, you should inform your doctor, he will clarify the diagnosis, prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Classification of the disease
Pregnant women have the following types of varicose veins:
- lower limbs. This type is the most common, the ved legs are a support for the whole body, they have to cope with the appearing load;
- sleeve. Most often diagnosed during the second pregnancy, it is worthwhile to seek immediate medical intervention because such a pathology can complicate childbirth;
- bee. Such a problem is faced by women who have had an abortion, had a sexually transmitted infection, or were due to a genetic predisposition;
- in the groin. Severe pain accompanies this area, interfering with normal gait.
Avoid self-diagnosis and self-healing, think about the prospective baby, only the doctor will determine the exact type and course of further actions.
Effective Exercises and Treatments
Contact your gynecologist, the best solution would be to prescribe a referral to a narrow specialist - a phlebologist (a doctor treating chronic venous insufficiency or CVI).
Depending on the stage of development and the location of the pathology, such a doctor will prescribe the following medications:topical application of
- ointments and gels;
- taking special pills (phlebotonics) that strengthen the walls of the blood vessels from the inside to help repair those who have already been injured;
- anticoagulants. These drugs help to dilute the blood, preventing the formation of blood clots that clog the blood vessels that rupture over time. It is used in extreme cases, as it can lead to detachment of the placenta, bleeding;
- special underwear. Your doctor will choose compression stockings, stockings with a supportive effect for you. They can be worn for prophylaxis (70 den) or treatment (100-280 den);
- All kinds of traditional medicine will help to dilate the veins in the leg, read the recipes below.
Important!If you experience severe edema, redness around the vein, sharp pain, fever, do not hesitate, call an ambulance!
When you arrive at the hospital, tell staff about your problem and do not start this process after the baby is born.
A useful exercise for expectant mothers, these exercises will help relieve fatigue, reduce pain and swelling:
- Sit on a chair, move your legs around, do not lift your heels off the floor;
- Stand up straight, stretch your left leg forward, rotate first with your legs and then your whole legs, alternating legs;
- It is useful to walk on tiptoe, walk around the apartment 3-4 times, then walk on the outside and inside of the foot;
- Sit on a comfortable surface, lift your heels off the floor, press the socks to the floor, and then return to your starting position.
Perform each of these exercises 10 times, preferably 3 times. Take into account your state of health and the duration of pregnancy, do not overload yourself.
Varicose veins can be treated with surgery, but in extreme cases. Such manipulations are strictly prohibited for pregnant women.
Treatment with traditional medicine
Some ladies only trust doctors, but there are methods that our mothers and grandmothers have tested. These recipes do not contain chemicals, everything is just natural, so there are no special contraindications for pregnant women except for individual intolerance to certain ingredients.
List of the most effective medications for varicose veins:
- apple cider vinegar.Can be used externally or internally. Rub a little of this product into your skin every night to increase the effect, drink 1 glass of water with 1 teaspoon of vinegar after a meal. Do not expect a rapid effect, such a disease requires long-term treatment. You will see the first positive results in a month at the earliest;
- Green tomatoes.Trim this fruit, fix it to the swollen blood vessels, wrap it in an elastic bandage. Perform such manipulations every night, wash the compress in the morning with water. The course of treatment is about 5-6 months, but the result is worth it;
- potatoes.This product is found in all kitchens, grate 5 fresh potatoes, spread on the feet, wrap in foil, keep for about four hours. Such compression immediately relieves pain, over time the veins shrink; Horse chestnuts
- .Make a tincture from this ingredient: pour the inflorescences (50 g) with vodka (1 liter), leave to cool for 2-3 weeks. Filter before use, take 2 tablespoons daily, treatment for ten days, then take a break for 5 days. After 3-4 courses of treatment, you will notice a significant improvement in the condition of your veins;
- Organ tincture.Soak 200 g of plant leaves in 800 ml of vodka, leave for approx. for a week. After the period strain, rub your feet with the resulting solution. Perform such manipulations every night until complete recovery;
- nettle.This treatment method is long (about a year) but completely safe. Drink a nettle decoction for 1 glass every day (break the reception 3-4 times). Potion recipe: 2 tbsp. pour a tablespoon of dried plant 1 cup boiling water, leave for 25 minutes. Drink the broth for 1 month, then take a break for 14 days, then repeat the course of treatment;
- apple.Everyone knows a breed like Antonovka. Take 3 such fruits, throw in 1 liter of boiling water, wait 30 minutes, crush the apples, strain the soup. Mix the resulting infusion with vodka and honey (1: 1: 1). Take 1 tablespoon on an empty stomach. spoon in the morning and bedtime in the evening. This treatment lasts for about a month, you will notice excellent results;
- silver wormwood.Thoroughly grind the fresh flowers of this herb to a homogeneous mass + the same amount of sour milk, mix the mixture. Lubricate your feet with the resulting crumbs, cover with gauze. Perform this procedure for up to 5 days, take a break for 3-4 days, and then repeat the treatment 2-3 more times;
- Kalanchoe.Mix the dry leaves of this plant with vodka (1: 1), leave for 1 week, shake the contents regularly. Rub the tincture into the skin of the feet, the pain will disappear, a feeling of lightness will appear, the veins will be less visible. This type of treatment also takes a lot of time (3-4 months).
Use these products only after consulting your doctor. You can combine the drug with home therapy. Remember to follow a diet (eat cereals, vegetables, not fatty meats) so it helps the body cope with the disease.
If there were no varicose veins before pregnancy, no hereditary predisposition, and no overweight, it will not be difficult to take all preventative measures.
Tips to avoid chronic venous insufficiency during pregnancy:
- prefer shoes with low heels, listen to your feelings, you should be comfortable;
- go swimming, it will help not only to prevent varicose veins, but also other diseases. Water treatments are also beneficial for the fetus;
- Sleep on your left after the 1st trimester. This reduces the pressure in the vein on the right side;
- do not cross one leg over the other while sitting, it will compress the blood vessels;
- do not stay in one position for too long, it is constantly on the move, it is very useful for the baby. Of course, if there are no special contraindications;
- do not wear tight rubber bands, loosen stockings for a while, with tight rubber bands and other press clothing;
- Watch your diet, avoid sweet, salty, fatty foods. Leave chips, soda in the past.
It will be a good idea for a qualified professional to examine you when planning your pregnancy, so it will be much easier to prevent or cure minor abnormalities because most medications cannot be used while carrying a baby.
Monitor the condition of your body, if you notice any unpleasant symptoms, contact your doctor immediately. Then you and your baby will be completely healthy.