The treatment of any disease is accompanied by the search for answers to the patient's questions related to lifestyle, diet and medication. The success of total therapy depends on this.
To get rid of a common disease like abnormal varicose veins, you need to know what varicose veins can and cannot do. Some restrictions allow the patient to get rid of the pathology quickly and rule out relapse.
Main methods of treating varicose veins
After visiting a phlebologist, the patient receives a number of recommendations for his treatment.
The following medications can be prescribed:
- venotonic and angioprotective agents;
- Ointments and gels - as a complex treatment and to get rid of mild manifestations in the form of poker;
- Steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, external forms of drugs based on them are needed in the treatment of advanced forms of varicose veins;
- NSAIDs - to relieve pain and inflammation in phlebitis;
- In venous thrombosis, medications are prescribed to prevent blood clotting and dissolve existing blood clots.
Unfortunately, medication is not always enough. At an advanced stage, your doctor may suggest that you consider surgical treatment. Removal of the affected vein is one type of surgery. This difficult operation is sometimes the only way to get rid of the pathology. Minimally invasive techniques include sclerotherapy and laser exposure of blood vessels.
Because varicose veins involve an increase in the diameter of blood vessels, their mechanical compression significantly improves patient well-being. All patients should wear compression stockings. It is selected by a doctor based on the stage of the disease. In addition, your doctor may recommend exercise, massage and physiotherapy procedures.
What can you do at home?
Varicose veins often cause swelling and pain in the legs in the evenings. You can get rid of the symptoms quickly. You should lie on your back, raising your legs above body level (you can lean on the edge of a chair or sofa). You must be in this position for at least 20 minutes. You should do the exercise daily if you notice and suspect varicose veins.
To improve blood flow, you can take the "bike" on your back for 1 minute in 3 sets. To activate the work of the calf muscles, the leg veins allow you to walk on your toes. This allows it to roll from heel to toe.
More exercises against varicose veins:
- Simultaneous bending of toes and arms
- bending / stretching the leg,
- Stop rotating,
- alternating knee raises toward the body,
- walking on the outer and inner surface of the foot.
Walk daily to lose weight without damaging your blood vessels. The distance should be increased gradually. It is better to start with a short distance that takes a maximum of 15 minutes at a slow pace. For a walk, you need to make comfortable shoes, water, and compression garments. It should not dry out, so bring a small bottle of water.
It is important to note that walking without a leotard against varicose veins can aggravate the disease. Sportswear and footwear should not impede movement or tighten the skin with a rubber band.
If you have a treadmill at home, you can set a distance of 1 km without a slope at a maximum speed of 5 km / h. The first week is best not to increase the load. When you become confident in your abilities, you need to lengthen the distance a bit.
Traditional methods of treating varicose veins
Traditional medicine can be used to treat varicose veins. They are safer than medications, but still require prior consultation with your doctor.
- Rinse the Kalanchoe leaves, chop, pour into a 500 ml glass container. Half a bottle or glass must be filled. The remaining space should be filled with vodka. Remove the infusion in a dark place for 1 week. Shake the solution regularly. After a week, you can wipe the affected areas with varicose veins with a healing infusion.
- 50 g of horse chestnut flowers should be poured with 500 ml of vodka, infused for 2 weeks. The resulting solution should be taken with 30 drops 3 times before a meal. The course of treatment is 1 month.
- Squeeze out the juice of fresh potatoes, moisten the binding of natural fibers with it, put it on the varicose vein at night.
- Squeezes from whey overnight.
- Pour the white acacia flowers into a bottle, fill them with a bucket to the edge, stick to it. The solution should be used to treat swollen varicose veins.
- Infusion of birch buds is prepared in the same way. It takes 10 days for the solution to saturate with useful substances.
- Foot ointment: take 10 grams of crushed chamomile flowers, the same amount of sage leaves, 50 g of chestnut fruit (grind beforehand), 5 g of ordinary starch. Mix everything, add 200 grams of heated chicken fat. The resulting mass should be heated in a water bath for 2. 5 hours. After that, everything should be cooled and left to cook overnight. The ointment can be used several times a day to overcome varicose veins in the long run.
It is important to note that traditional treatments only work in combination with traditional medicine. Lifestyle changes and weight loss may be needed.
What is prohibited for varicose veins?
There are a number of limitations to the disease identified. Heavy lifting should be avoided first. This also applies to those who want to engage in strength-related sports. In this case, aggravation of the condition is possible.
Varicose veins should not be used on the following types of cosmetic procedures:
- shugaring, depilation with hot wax;
- enzymatic and quantum type hair removal;
- plucking hairs with tweezers;
- hot wraps in the bath, it is better to replace them with hydromassage or cold type wraps;
- tattoo on the affected veins.
Because varicose veins are found in any part of the body, including the pelvis, women should not have an abortion. This can be dangerous due to the high risk of bleeding.
If varicose veins are treated at home, procedures involving limb heating should be ruled out: hot compresses, baths. It is better to use a rubbing, contrast shower with tinctures.
Those who monitor their physical condition should give up some exercises: rope jumping, load squatting, long running, aerobics, shaping, cycling, dancing. Useful for walking and swimming.
Cosmetic massage can also be harmful for varicose veins. During the procedure, it is possible to redistribute blood flow to other veins and involve it in the pathological process. Therefore, massage courses should only be taken in a medical institution after a prescription.
A varicose diet excludes foods high in animal fats, spicy and salty foods, vinegar, and large amounts of coffee. Adhere to a rational, balanced diet that you can choose with an nutritionist based on your anthropometric data.